This organic loose leaf Green Tea with Peppermint has many health benefits. Not only does it increase your immune system, protecting people from the cold and flu, but it is also great for cardiovascular health. Jasmine is also great for calming the nerves. There are also many other benefits of this tea.
Health Benefits of Jasmine:
- Bursting with Antioxidants – It also contains the powerful polyphenol EGCG, which is linked to many health benefits like reduced heart disease risk.
- May aid weight loss by boosting your metabolism.
- Could protect your heart – Jasmine tea polyphenols may help protect against heart disease by preventing LDL (bad) cholesterol from oxidizing and potentially clogging your arteries.
- Promotes good oral health – Jasmine tea polyphenols may help neutralize plaque-forming bacteria like Streptococcus mutans. In addition, it may combat bad breath.
- Could boost brain function – Jasmine tea contains caffeine and L-theanine, which may help keep you more alert and vigilant. Plus, it may improve short-term memory.
- May protect against Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Disease – Drinking green tea — which is common bases for jasmine tea — has been linked to a lower risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
- May lower your risk of type 2 diabetes – Studies show that drinking jasmine green tea may help your body use insulin more effectively and reduce blood sugar levels. This may help lower your risk of type 2 diabetes.
- May reduce your risks of certain cancers – Animal, test-tube, and human research show that jasmine tea polyphenols may help suppress the growth and spread of cancer cells. More research in this area is needed.
In addition to these health benefits, Jasmine is delicious and easy to add to your diet.
Since our Tunisian Green Tea is Loose Leaf you should have either a filtered tea pot or a Tea Ball Strainer.
- In a Teapot add 3 cups of water.
- Bring to a Boil. Once it Boils take the Teapot off of the stove.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of Tunisian Loose Leaf Tea (Equivalent of 3 Tea Bags). Let Steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tea leaves from the pot, pour out the water and add more water. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from the stove
- Add the Tea leaves back to the tea.
- Put back on the stove at medium heat for 5 minutes. Add sugar to your taste.
- Remove from the stove. Steep for 5 minutes. Keep in mind that Tunisians love a lot of sugar. Westerners will probably only use half of the sugar that Tunisians use.
- Remove the loose leaves.
- Add Pine Nuts and fresh mint to each glass.
- You can also add a small slice of Orange and place it on the glass.
This tea is Organic and non-GMO.
Product of Tunisia.